Dr. Yinka Ayefele, the Chairman/CEO of Yinka Ayefele Ltd, owners of Fresh FM 105.9, has reacted to a statement by Oyo State Government saying The Music House, which houses his radio station – Fresh Fm contravenes state planning laws and so has been marked for demolition. Reacting to the demolition, Ayefele says it is far from the truth and they have every document backing it up. Read his press statement below
Below is the press statement by Ayefele,
We want to make it clear that Music House followed due process in the construction of the building and got relevant approvals from state departments and agencies associated with lands and buildings.
Saying that Music House Complex is responsible for three accidents that occurred on the road in the last nine months is just an attempt by the Commissioner to run away from his shadow. How can a reasonable person say that? It is not news that the Governor of the state himself said some politicians came to him to demolish the Music House Complex because Ayefele is not in their camp and he also sang against them.
Music House has been in existence for almost 10 years and we have all necessary documents backing the building from relevant government agencies. Some questions we need to ask the Commissioner are:
1. Why is the government collecting tenement rate from us when they know we contravened building plan law?
2. Why did the government approve the building plan when they know it will contravene the state housing law?
3. The Commissioner should tell us why the state is just realising that the Music House building is the cause of accident along this road. Perhaps it is also responsible for accidents on Ring road and other parts of the state.
4. If we actually contravened the building law, why did the Commissioner always send us press release for use on behalf of the government.
5. The Commissioner has featured on different programmes on our station and has commended us for our professionalism same with the Governor who heaped praises on us when he visited the station on October 6, 2016.
The Commissioner should look for another excuse and stop chasing shadows.
Signed: Dr. Yinka Ayefele Chairman/CEO Yinka Ayefele Ltd
413 total views, 3 views today