A fire has broken out inside a female hostel at the Kano State University of Science and Technology, sparking serious commotion.
Dangote Female Hostel at the Kano State University of Science and Technology KUST Wudil has been gutted by fire last night, The Nation reports. Confirming the fire outbreak via telephone to our reporter, the Deputy Head of Information, Publications and Public Relations Unit of the University, Abdullahi Datti, said the incident occurred around 9.30 pm and lasted for about 2 hours, destroying some part of the building. He said that the inferno could have been caused by suspected electrical spark, following the restoration of full current electricity to the University. He added that the management swiftly alerted some relevant agencies including the Fire Services at federal and state levels who quickly responded and controlled the situation. Datti who could not ascertain the level of damages as at the time of filing this report noted that there was no casualty recorded considering the fact that the students were already at home due to the ongoing ASUU’s nationwide strike.
13,190 total views, 3 views today